Monday, January 19, 2009

The Eve of Obama's Inauguration

Being in DC as we all join in the party to celebrate the most amazing election in history, I am having such a great time watching the effect this event has on my children Rebecca (age 9) and Jamie (age 6). Jamie is more interested now in being President than he has ever expressed before (previously he wanted to be a video game designer). Now his ambitions have been widened, by soaking up the events of inauguration week.
The many of colors and hues, and wrinkles and rosy cheeked faces that filled the streets of DC today, truly represented the diversity of the USA. It is truly amazing.
Friends keep asking for pictures and we will post some. We expect to be about 1000 feet from Obama tomorrow (Kurt somehow calculated that on the CNN web site), standing just beyond the Capitol and the reflecting pool. Kurt will be wearing his Bengals jacket and hat (orange, black, and white) so look for us.
I feel very humbled to be here with my husband (who worked very hard on the campaign) and my two children. Just as Barack Obama dreams of a country where all children have the opportunities that his children have -- I have that same dream. This is one of the big reasons, why I am planting The Village Church. But that's another topic for another day.
January 20, 2009 will be a great day in our country -- the day everything changed.
I am praying for Barack Obama, and for his family. I hope you are praying too.

No comments: